Cyril Maucour and the AlterTax team
Cyril Maucour, Managing Director of AlterTax, with over 20 years’ experience in corporate taxation, leads a team of experts in tax and commercial law, offering specialized services to an international clientele. AlterTax is distinguished by its extensive network of lawyers and professionals in various fields, guaranteeing comprehensive expertise in international tax and wealth management.
Areas of intervention
- A generalist in the field of corporate taxation, which he has practiced for over 20 years in major international firms and for the past 10 years in French firms.
- He works for an international clientele of entrepreneurs, growth companies, SMEs and ETIs.
- Our customers operate in a wide variety of sectors, including industry, new technologies, fashion, software, pharmaceuticals and new energies. This diversity of situations has enabled him to acquire a highly operational approach to tax issues.
- He also regularly provides assistance with tax audits and litigation.
- This has enabled him to develop significant experience of the tax issues faced by companies and individuals operating internationally.
- He advises companies and individuals on their international operations.
This multi-sector experience for customers of all sizes enables him to advise his customers on their international expansion, providing specific expertise on foreign tax regimes and the implementation of the internationalization of their business.
He also makes this experience available to individuals, whether French residents or not, who wish to structure, diversify and develop their assets with a view to passing them on to their heirs.
- Sentrepreneurial spirit and desire to be a player in the dematerialization of the legal profession. Cyril is one of the founders and Chairman of LegalProd, a SaaS software publisher for lawyers.
- The ability to listen, and the search for practical, operationally feasible solutions that meet the economic challenges of our customers.
- Tenacity and confidence
Presentations and publications
Cyril is a regular speaker at specialized tax seminars and webinars.
He is a regular contributor to the national and international press on French and international tax issues (his articles can be found on the Internet in publications such as International Tax Review, Option Finance, Les Echos, CCH, Fiscal Online, DAF Magazine …..).
He also writes tax-related blog posts on his website.
He has also taught taxation as a tutor in Master 2 courses (Université de Cergy Pontoise).
- French: mother tongue
- English: Fluent
- German: Good knowledge
AlterTax networks of lawyers
- French and international corporate/M&A lawyers
- AFrench and foreign vocats specializing in commercial and contract law (especially franchising)
- French and foreign lawyers specializing in new technologies (in particular patents, trademarks, software)
We also have privileged relationships with financial valuation professionals, real estate experts, chartered accountants and auditors, and notaries, with whom we work on a regular basis.
We have international coverage through our network of best friends specializing in tax matters, who are present in the world’s major economies, as well as in regions undergoing strong economic development (particularly in French- and English-speaking Africa).
We are members of the Quantera Global network of independent transfer pricing experts https://www.quanteraglobal.com
We regularly collaborate and train with our tax expert peers through the IACF, of which we are members https://www.iacf.fr